Thursday, February 01, 2007

Got through the first week!

Well I survived the first week of my new job!! It was totally awesome. Everyone is so lovely and were willing answer any questions I had and help me out, and also tell me if things that I may have been doing quite right.
There are so cool and cute kiddies at this centre too. Even though I miss my kiddies from my old job I know I will make some cool bonds with the ones here :) There is one lil boy who is so cool and kinda reminds me of one of my old kiddies. Hes a rat bag for sure. He will sometimes hit kids and smile so he knows he isnt ment to (he too young to talk). He will also run up to you arms up smiling and then trick ya and run the other way,hes not long walked so looks like a lil robot arms out all the time lol. Hes such a character!
On wednesday I had a go at opening at 7am with my boss. I got there before her so unlocked the place, found the checklist and used my initiative and started doing the things needed. She was impressed so thats all good:)
Yesterday I had to go to a first aid course. It was right on 'the terrace' in central Welly. Not so bad driving in but what a mission to get home again. It took me like nearly 40mins yet if no traffic prob take bout 15!! So dont want to have to go central again or ever if can help it! Met some really cool people on my course too. All very cool.
Ooo and Heather if you are reading this, the night before my first aid course I had restless sleep and dreams prob cause I was worried bout driving in and finding the place etc. And for some funny reason you were in my dream. You were actually the classes first aid tutor for the day lol funny huh. The other thing is there was a lady that took it who was Australian!!!Cracked me up a lil, right country anyway lol
Well I am glad its the weekend I am totally tired as. Last night I prob was asleep by 9.30pm.Tonight ill prob crash out too if not hell sleep in tommrw morn for sure!!!!

Peace xx

2 comments:

Quaver said...

I think dreams with Heather in them are quite common :P. I have them all the time lol

Glad to hear your first week went well. I should do a first aid course o_O. Last time I did one, I was 17 I think?

Shandi said...

haha yeh i found it funny dreaming bout her.
Yeh first aid courses are a long day but good to have i reckon. and the tutor usually makes a serious issue realaxed and fun for the day